Fun facts about hugging
I love hugging. I wish I was an octopus, so I could hug ten people at a time. Drew Barrymore
In celebration of National Hugging Day on Monday, 21 January 2012 – Happiness Weekly is looking at some fun facts about hugging and all the benefits that come with it. Don’t forget you can celebrate National Hugging Day, a day dedicated to expressing your emotions in public, by giving someone a hug.
The benefits of hugging
– More upbeat moods
– Reduce heart rates
– Lower blood pressure
– Increase nerve activity
– Reduce levels of cortisol (stress hormone) if they are over 20 seconds long
– Increase levels of oxytocin (bonding hormone)
– Boosts the immune system
– Builds self esteem
– Alleviates tension and releases endorphins
– It’s portable and it doesn’t cost a thing!
* Cuddling increases feelings of safety, security, trust, strength, healing, self worth, belonging, happiness and appreciation
* A hug encourages bonding by increasing the levels of oxytocin in the body
* Studies show that IQ development is delayed in children who don’t receive hugs. Those that lack hugs start walking, talking and reading later
* According to a survey taken in America, marriages where hugging or touching are present, last longer than those without
* A brief hug with a romantic partner is equivalent to 10 minutes of handholding and greatly reduces stress
* Psychologist Karen Grewen found that both males and females gain higher levels of oxytocin (bonding hormone) after a hug
* People crave 13 hugs a day – but most don’t receive this many😦
* A hug normally lasts 9.5 seconds
* On average, people spend an hour a month, hugging
* As hugging increases oxytocin and reduces cortisol – it leads us to a healthy heart and lower blood pressure (good for those with hypertension)
* Hugs also lower our heart rate, promoting a calming effect
* Full body hugs stimulate the nervous system
* It decreases the feeling of loneliness, helps up combat fear, increases self-esteem, affirms relationships, defuses tension and shows appreciation.
* Professional casino player at daftarsbobet being able to know the ability of opponents with a hugs.
How does hugging make you feel? How often do you hug someone? How often does someone hug you?